Friday, August 8, 2008

WoW... that's addictive!

Never in my jumbled mind did I figure I would start a blog by posting about WoW but ... well I guess hell froze over!

Before I go any farther..... I want to say that I realize a lot of this blog is not going to make sense to some since I will be using a bit of gaming slang and abbreviations but I will come back and post a "dictionary" of all this geek terminology that has intruded my skull. Promise!

What does WoW stand for? If anyone is actually reading this, you are probably sitting there trying to figure out what it means. Unless you play the game or know me and have heard me talk about it too much, you possibly don't know. WoW stands for World of Warcraft. Yes people. I am an MMORPG junkie! My newest addiction is all in thanks to my gorgeous boyfriend Andur (in later posts he will be referred to as Mr Indy but when I talk about WoW, he will be Andur... hope you're confused now *wink*) and his best friend Hummerz.

Earlier this year, Andur got back into playing WoW after he bought himself an Alienware laptop. I did not understand the interest in the game because I did not understand the game. After conversations with Andur and Hummerz, I realized there might be more to the game than I thought but was still not interested in playing.

Hummerz put up a "challenge" to me saying that I would definitely be playing WoW by the end of summer. I told him it was unlikely as I had better things to do with my time. (Now I can easily *snort* at that reply.) So to try and prove Andur and Hummerz wrong, I asked Andur to help me make a character. I started slowly but it soon engrossed me. I now have a level 63 Gnome Mage named Lluvy. *hangs head in shame* I hate being wrong!

I can freely admit now that I am addicted. My avatar on The Baby Kottage says it all:



Likewise, the list of characters I have created also proves my addiction. (All levels are as of today... 8/8/08!)

Lluvy - lvl 63 Gnome Mage (my main character)
Ceinwen - lvl 26 Human Warlock
Atiya - lvl 13 Night Elf Druid
Dwitless - lvl 16 Dwarf Hunter (only male character)
Tegwen - lvl 23 Draenei Warrior
Eudora - lvl 6 Gnome Rogue
Shanae - lvl 6 Draenei Shaman
Naomh - lvl 5 Night Elf Priest
Idony - lvl 5 Human Paladin

Yes I have a character of each race and each class. (The last 4 are new so that I could say I have a character of each class. *blushes* I just want to see what each class can do... honestly!)

However, that wasn't the original intent of this post. I originally intended to post this long, wordy rant about ganking, camping, and the overall annoyance of both. But I can see just how pathetic it would be after admitting my obsession, so for now, I will leave you in peace. (Or as the Horde would probably love to do, leave you in pieces.... sorry had to get a little bit of ranting in there! *giggle*)

No comments: