Midget is not in ketosis yet. His blood sugar is still pretty high. (It's currently in the low 100's and they want him down in the 60's.) That means he's still burning sugar instead of fat which is why he's not in ketosis yet. I don't know if this will mean that they will keep him until he is in ketosis or not. I'll ask the dietitian when I see her next.
He did tolerate the formula really well so they increased the ratio of the diet. He was on a 1.5:1 diet yesterday and is now on a 2:1 ratio. The ratio is fat to carbohydrate and protein grams combined. It's hard for me to explain but I get the basic gist of it. The Ketogenic Diet by John Freeman is a great book to explain the diet. (Clicking the link will take you to a web version of the book that you can read, if you want.)
My lunch is getting cold so I'd better go eat. *waves*
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment