Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ahhh the joys of winter!

Snow.

It's a four letter word.

I. Hate. Snow.

Always have, always will!

A couple of days ago we got about 6 inches throughout the night.  Mr Indy got up early the next morning and started shoveling.  I joined him after I was awake and found out that Midget's school was having a late start thanks to the white stuff.  We got the bottom half of the driveway cleared and started on the sidewalks before Mr Indy had to go to work.  My task was to finish the sidewalks.

I didn't realize how hard it would be to do that with a 5 year old and a newborn in the house.  Midget was perfectly content but Itty Bitty would start screaming as soon as I walked out the door.  *sigh*  That made it an all day project.  I'd wait until Itty Bitty would drop off and sneak out for 10-15 minutes to shovel as much as I could.  I finally got it done around 2 or 3 that afternoon.

Fast forward to yesterday.... the city finally sent the plows through.  But they left behind a huge mound of snow BLOCKING our driveway!  UGH!  I have a van that sits very low to the ground so there was no way I was going to make it over that snow.  I had to spend 10 minutes shoveling my side of the driveway just so I could get in.

Don't get me wrong.  I actually don't mind the shoveling part.  It's a fantastic workout!  But when you have a crying 5 week old in the car, it's stressful!  I got my side cleared out and pulled in.  My mom had just shown up to help me do some baking so we went inside and did all the baking.  After we were done, I went and shoveled Mr Indy's side of the driveway and put down a bit of deicer as it was pretty slick.

Last night I decided to take the boys to Quincy and attend a Christmas party at my mom's church.  The boys had yet to see Santa and I wanted to catch up with some old friends.  After loading the boys in the car, I started to walk around the back of the van to get to my side and slipped on a patch of ice.  Oh yeah... I went down.  I went down hard!  I threw out my entire back, both hips, my neck, and my left shoulder and leg.  I feel smashing today!  *grimace*

But I must push through all the pain.  Once Midget is off to school, I will begin my assualt on the bathrooms.  I HAVE to finish my cleaning so I can get my goodie trays made up to deliver tomorrow.

No comments: