Monday, September 14, 2009

Growing up is hard to do...

...especially for this Mama!

Last month Midget went in for his 6 month dental check up. Usually the dentist takes a quick gander inside his mouth and sends us on our way. This check up was not quite that easy.

The dentist did a thorough inspection of Midget's mouth. Not only did he find 6 year molars already coming in but he found 5 loose teeth. Yep you read that right... FIVE! The dentist decided to take some x-rays and found some permanent teeth trying to come in which explained the loose teeth and the large gap between 2 of them.



Most kids would probably just get to wait for their teeth to fall out on their own but I was too worried about Midget choking on a tooth if that happened that I questioned the dentist on it. He decided it was best if they were extracted. It took a couple of weeks but we finally got Midget on the schedule and he had the teeth removed last Thursday afternoon.

I think Mommy was more worked up and scared about this than Midget was. At first he wasn't very keen on the gas mask being on his face and tried to keep knocking it off. But once the gas started making him calm down.... the giggles ensued! *snort* (I just had to snap a quick photo but all I had was my camera phone. Bad Mommy not coming prepared!)



Once they numbed him up, the teeth were out within minutes. I couldn't believe how quick it went. Of course, I had to keep Midget's arms pinned down but he did manage to get away from me a couple of times and smack the doc's hands away. *snort* But he was quite the trooper and did awesome! I wished I could have given him some ice cream as a treat for doing so well but the diet won't allow it. *pout*

I never loved a crooked grin more than I did his... but I think I love his half gummy grin just as much!

No comments: